Select Page

Alice Lloyd College student McKae King is a senior communications studies major and won our recent talent show. McKae has competed in five talent shows and three open mic nights on campus as a singer.

McKae’s interest in music was sparked early on, in the third and fourth grades. After playing a musical video game, McKae wanted to learn how to play the violin. He credits joining band in fifth grade with the beginning of his music career. During his sophomore year of high school, McKae covered a Carrie Underwood song in a talent show and began his musical journey. Most recently, McKae has become a country artist and released his debut song demo, “Strong Heart,” on social media last August (McKae considers his music to fall into 2 genres: country and metal because of his vocal range).

ALC means a lot to McKae. He says, “It is close to home, and you get to know the people around you. They’re not just friends or co-workers; they’re like family.” 

After the spring semester’s talent show, McKae received a special honor that shocked him. ALC named its talent show event the McKae King Annual ALC Talent Show. McKae says, “It means a lot because it takes a lot of courage to get up on stage, and there were many challenges I faced during my career, but I never let that stop me. Naming the event for me was mind-blowing, and words do not describe how wonderful I felt the moment I found out.”