Students at ALC…
Obtain a Character-Based Education
Students are encouraged to develop Christian-based morals at ALC and are taught The Purpose Road Philosophy. Additionally, students must complete courses in Leadership before graduating from ALC.
Don't Pay Tuition
All students in the 108-county service area do not pay any out-of-pocket costs for tuition while attending ALC through the Appalachian Leaders College Scholarship. This money is provided through the generous donations of people across the country.
Participate in Service Learning
Students are provided with multiple volunteer opportunities and can choose to participate in our Leadership Education Program to further their dedication to serving others.
Students from our Service Area pay no out-of-pocket tuition. For the past several years, ALC has consistently ranked as a Top College for Graduating Students with the Least Amount of Debt, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Work for their Education
All full-time students at ALC work at least 10 hours a week to offset the cost of their education. Jobs in our Student Work Program range from grounds and janitorial duties to office positions and teaching assistants.
Receive Financial Assistance for Graduate School
Through the Caney Scholars Program, students who graduate from ALC and plan to pursue advanced degrees can receive financial support for their educational endeavors.
- Washington Monthly Ranks ALC in Top 50
- U.S. News Ranks Alice Lloyd College Among Top in the Nation
- Elizabeth Morris Blair: Reaching Her Full Potential
- Alice Lloyd College Welcomes Students Back on Campus
- Alice Lloyd Eagle Baseball Standout Dalton Cornett Invited to Join Lexington Legends for Summer
- Prepared to Succeed: Dr. Cody Reynolds
- ALC’s Third Annual Alumni Purpose Day
- ALC Graduating Class of 2020
- N/A, September 21, 2020 – September 25, 2020 – Religious Emphasis Week
- N/A, September 22, 2020 – ALC Blood Drive
- N/A, September 30, 2020 – Mid-Term Grades Due
- N/A, October 2, 2020 – JBS 1st Quarter Ends
- N/A, October 7, 2020 – ALC Midterm Grades Due
- N/A, October 10, 2020 – ALC Alumni Association Meeting
- N/A, October 10, 2020 – Appalachia Day Homecoming
- N/A, October 13, 2020 – JBS Science Fair
- N/A, October 19, 2020 – October 23, 2020 – Alcohol Awareness Week