Students at ALC…
Obtain a Character-Based Education
Students are encouraged to develop Christian-based morals at ALC and are taught The Purpose Road Philosophy. Additionally, students must complete courses in Leadership before graduating from ALC.
Don't Pay Tuition
All students in the 108-county service area do not pay any out-of-pocket costs for tuition while attending ALC through the Appalachian Leaders College Scholarship. This money is provided through the generous donations of people across the country.
Participate in Service Learning
Students are provided with multiple volunteer opportunities and can choose to participate in our Leadership Education Program to further their dedication to serving others.
Students from our Service Area pay no out-of-pocket tuition. For the past several years, ALC has consistently ranked as a Top College for Graduating Students with the Least Amount of Debt, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Work for their Education
All full-time students at ALC work at least 10 hours a week to offset the cost of their education. Jobs in our Student Work Program range from grounds and janitorial duties to office positions and teaching assistants.
Receive Financial Assistance for Graduate School
Through the Caney Scholars Program, students who graduate from ALC and plan to pursue advanced degrees can receive financial support for their educational endeavors.
- Alice Lloyd Eagle Baseball Standout Dalton Cornett Invited to Join Lexington Legends for Summer
- Prepared to Succeed: Dr. Cody Reynolds
- ALC’s Third Annual Alumni Purpose Day
- ALC Graduating Class of 2020
- TaLaura Mathis: A Passion to Create a Better Community
- Alice Lloyd College Announces Spring 2020 Honors List
- ALC Student Selected as 2020 Ledford Scholar
- ALC Announces Recipients of Student Work Awards
- 8:00 am, August 5, 2020 – JBS 1st Day of Classes
- N/A, August 10, 2020 – August 14, 2020 – ALC Faculty/Staff Orientation
- N/A, August 10, 2020 – August 14, 2020 – ALC Resident Advisor Orientation
- 8:00 am, August 16, 2020 – ALC New Students Arrive
- 8:00 am, August 17, 2020 – ALC Student Orientation & Registration
- 8:00 am, August 18, 2020 – ALC First Day of Classes
- N/A, August 25, 2020 – ALC Last Day to Register, Drop/Add
- 5:15 pm, August 27, 2020 – All-Campus Cookout
- N/A, September 2, 2020 – JBS 1st Quarter Midterm Ends
- N/A, September 7, 2020 – Labor Day (No Classes)