Students at ALC…
Obtain a Character-Based Education
Students are encouraged to develop Christian-based morals at ALC and are taught The Purpose Road Philosophy. Additionally, students must complete courses in Leadership before graduating from ALC.
Don't Pay Tuition
All students in the 108-county service area do not pay any out-of-pocket costs for tuition while attending ALC through the Appalachian Leaders College Scholarship. This money is provided through the generous donations of people across the country.
Participate in Service Learning
Students are provided with multiple volunteer opportunities and can choose to participate in our Leadership Education Program to further their dedication to serving others.
Students from our Service Area pay no out-of-pocket tuition. For the past several years, ALC has consistently ranked as a Top College for Graduating Students with the Least Amount of Debt, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Work for their Education
All full-time students at ALC work at least 10 hours a week to offset the cost of their education. Jobs in our Student Work Program range from grounds and janitorial duties to office positions and teaching assistants.
Receive Financial Assistance for Graduate School
Through the Caney Scholars Program, students who graduate from ALC and plan to pursue advanced degrees can receive financial support for their educational endeavors.
- Peoples Bank Foundation Presents Gift to Alice Lloyd College
- ALC’s Campus Ministry Volunteers at Camp Nathaneal
- Alice Lloyd College Cross Country Runners Named NCCAA DII All-Americans
- Alice Lloyd College 2020 Alumna and Alumnus of the Year
- An Invaluable Asset to ALC: Arthur Melton
- ALC Featured on Apple Podcast
- Alice Lloyd College’s Alex Lewis Named NCCAA Men’s DII Cross Country National Student-Athlete of the Week
- NCCAA Announces Field for Golf National Championship
- N/A, November 25, 2020 – January 10, 2021 – Christmas/New Year's Recess
- N/A, December 4, 2020 – JBS Christmas Concert
- N/A, December 9, 2020 – December 11, 2020 – JBS Final Exams
- N/A, December 14, 2020 – January 3, 2021 – JBS Christmas/New Year's Recess
- N/A, December 14, 2020 – JBS Faculty In-Service
- N/A, January 4, 2021 – JBS Start Second Semester
- N/A, January 11, 2021 – ALC Faculty/Staff Opening Day
- N/A, January 11, 2021 – ALC Registration
- N/A, January 12, 2021 – ALC Classes Begin