Alice Lloyd College is one of only seven members of the Work College Consortium. Mrs. Lloyd understood the importance of work ethic. Today, the tradition of work remains as important as ever. All full-time students work from ten to twenty hours each week in a variety of work areas as a condition for graduation.
Caney Cottage/Berger Scholarship
Caney Cottage/Berger Scholarships assist scholarly Alice Lloyd College students with their graduate and professional studies. In order to ensure that the Appalachian region has the leadership it so desperately needs, Alice Lloyd College, with the help of generous benefactors, scholarships students on to universities and professional schools to earn advanced degrees. We only ask one thing – that students return to the mountains to serve in their chosen fields.
Character building is essential at Alice Lloyd College. Christian principles are integrated into all aspects of campus life. Students are expected to follow set rules and guidelines for good moral development and social behavior. Faculty and staff serve as role models and lead by example.
The College does not accept direct state or federal funding from the federal, state, or local government. Alice Lloyd College remains dependent on the private support of the American free-enterprise system for over half of its revenue sources.
U.S. News & World Report has consistently ranked Alice Lloyd College one of the top colleges in the nation, among all colleges and universities, for graduating students with the least amount of average debt.
How Do I Visit?
We invite all prospective students and their families to visit our campus. Campus tours are offered on select days, Monday through Friday, and on any of our Eagle Day Saturday events by appointment. Click here for more information on how to schedule a visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Alice Lloyd Eagle Baseball Standout Dalton Cornett Invited to Join Lexington Legends for Summer
- Prepared to Succeed: Dr. Cody Reynolds
- ALC’s Third Annual Alumni Purpose Day
- ALC Graduating Class of 2020
- TaLaura Mathis: A Passion to Create a Better Community
- Alice Lloyd College Announces Spring 2020 Honors List
- ALC Student Selected as 2020 Ledford Scholar
- ALC Announces Recipients of Student Work Awards
- 8:00 am, August 5, 2020 – JBS 1st Day of Classes
- N/A, August 10, 2020 – August 14, 2020 – ALC Faculty/Staff Orientation
- N/A, August 10, 2020 – August 14, 2020 – ALC Resident Advisor Orientation
- 8:00 am, August 16, 2020 – ALC New Students Arrive
- 8:00 am, August 17, 2020 – ALC Student Orientation & Registration
- 8:00 am, August 18, 2020 – ALC First Day of Classes
- N/A, August 25, 2020 – ALC Last Day to Register, Drop/Add
- 5:15 pm, August 27, 2020 – All-Campus Cookout
- N/A, September 2, 2020 – JBS 1st Quarter Midterm Ends
- N/A, September 7, 2020 – Labor Day (No Classes)