Alice Lloyd College is one of only seven members of the Work College Consortium. Mrs. Lloyd understood the importance of work ethic. Today, the tradition of work remains as important as ever. All full-time students work from ten to twenty hours each week in a variety of work areas as a condition for graduation.
Caney Cottage/Berger Scholarship
Caney Cottage/Berger Scholarships assist scholarly Alice Lloyd College students with their graduate and professional studies. In order to ensure that the Appalachian region has the leadership it so desperately needs, Alice Lloyd College, with the help of generous benefactors, scholarships students on to universities and professional schools to earn advanced degrees. We only ask one thing – that students return to the mountains to serve in their chosen fields.
Character building is essential at Alice Lloyd College. Christian principles are integrated into all aspects of campus life. Students are expected to follow set rules and guidelines for good moral development and social behavior. Faculty and staff serve as role models and lead by example.
The College does not accept direct state or federal funding from the federal, state, or local government. Alice Lloyd College remains dependent on the private support of the American free-enterprise system for over half of its revenue sources.
U.S. News & World Report has consistently ranked Alice Lloyd College one of the top colleges in the nation, among all colleges and universities, for graduating students with the least amount of average debt.
How Do I Visit?
We invite all prospective students and their families to visit our campus. Campus tours are offered on select days, Monday through Friday, and on any of our Eagle Day Saturday events by appointment. Click here for more information on how to schedule a visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- ALC Mourns the Loss of Miss Irma Stepp
- Alice Lloyd College Introduces Test-Optional Admission Policy
- A Life Changing Education: Scott Cornett
- ALC’s Campus Ministry Brings Smiles to Senior Citizens
- Dr. Sara Pitts: Fulfilling Her Dreams
- ALC Professor Speaks of Current Job Market
- ALC Donates Blood to Help Kentucky
- One of ALC’s Brightest and Best Participates in BRIGHT Kentucky
- N/A, March 5, 2021 – ALC Midterm Grades Due
- N/A, March 8, 2021 – March 12, 2021 – ALC Pre-Registration
- N/A, March 25, 2021 – March 27, 2021 – Spring Play
- N/A, March 26, 2021 – Jenny Wiley Alumni Banquet
- N/A, April 1, 2021 – ALC Blood Drive
- N/A, April 1, 2021 – All-Campus Cookout
- N/A, April 2, 2021 – Good Friday (No Classes)
- N/A, April 6, 2021 – Perry Campus Center Dedication
- N/A, April 8, 2021 – ALC Honors Day