The mission of Alice Lloyd College is to educate mountain people for positions of leadership by:
- Making an Alice Lloyd College education available to qualified mountain students regardless of their financial situation.
- Offering a high quality academic program, emphasizing the liberal arts.
- Promoting the work ethic through a self-help Student Work Program in which all full-time students participate.
- Providing an atmosphere in which Christian values are maintained, encouraging high personal standards, and the development of character.
- Serving the community and region through appropriate outreach programs which utilize mountain people helping mountain people.
- Assisting deserving students in obtaining advanced study beyond their program at Alice Lloyd.
- Producing leaders for Appalachia who possess high moral and ethical values, an attitude of self-reliance, and a sense of service to others.
In order to meet the challenges of today’s society, ample opportunities for personal growth and maturation are provided for all Alice Lloyd College students. Upon completion of a degree from Alice Lloyd College, a student will:
- Have knowledge in the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the sciences, and a comprehension of their impact on the individual and his/her culture.
- Be able to communicate effectively through the spoken word, the written word, and the use of other abstract symbol systems.
- Possess the personal attributes of a positive self-concept, adaptability, open mindedness, tolerance for others’ ideas, self-reliance, compassion, and a love of learning.
- Possess leadership qualities and an inner sense of mission to serve others, both in the Appalachian region and beyond.
- Have a strong sense of the work ethic, including an appreciation for the dignity of work and its importance in society.
- Have an understanding of multi-cultural, multi-national issues, and the necessity of global perspectives in solving problems facing Appalachia and the world in the twenty-first century.
- ALC Ryan Morris selected for Bill Melton Champion of Character Award
- ALC Celebrates the Service of Two Staff Members
- Eagles Baseball’s Cornett Signs Professional Contract
- Paying it Forward: Miranda Click
- Forbes Ranks Alice Lloyd College Among Top in the State
- ALC Graduating Class of 2021
- Alice Lloyd College Announces Spring 2021 Honors List
- Becoming a Difference Maker: Jimmy Brown
- N/A, August 2, 2021 – August 3, 2021 – JBS Fac. In-Service/Opening Day
- N/A, August 4, 2021 – JBS 1st Day of Classes
- N/A, August 9, 2021 – August 13, 2021 – ALC Faculty/Staff Orientation
- N/A, August 9, 2021 – August 13, 2021 – ALC Resident Advisor Orientation
- N/A, August 15, 2021 – ALC New Students Arrive
- N/A, August 16, 2021 – ALC Student Orientation & Registration
- N/A, August 17, 2021 – ALC First Day of Classes
- N/A, August 24, 2021 – ALC Last Day to Register, Drop/Add
- N/A, August 26, 2021 – All-Campus Cookout