The mission of Alice Lloyd College is to educate mountain people for positions of leadership by:
- Making an Alice Lloyd College education available to qualified mountain students regardless of their financial situation.
- Offering a high quality academic program, emphasizing the liberal arts.
- Promoting the work ethic through a self-help Student Work Program in which all full-time students participate.
- Providing an atmosphere in which Christian values are maintained, encouraging high personal standards, and the development of character.
- Serving the community and region through appropriate outreach programs which utilize mountain people helping mountain people.
- Assisting deserving students in obtaining advanced study beyond their program at Alice Lloyd.
- Producing leaders for Appalachia who possess high moral and ethical values, an attitude of self-reliance, and a sense of service to others.
In order to meet the challenges of today’s society, ample opportunities for personal growth and maturation are provided for all Alice Lloyd College students. Upon completion of a degree from Alice Lloyd College, a student will:
- Have knowledge in the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the sciences, and a comprehension of their impact on the individual and his/her culture.
- Be able to communicate effectively through the spoken word, the written word, and the use of other abstract symbol systems.
- Possess the personal attributes of a positive self-concept, adaptability, open mindedness, tolerance for others’ ideas, self-reliance, compassion, and a love of learning.
- Possess leadership qualities and an inner sense of mission to serve others, both in the Appalachian region and beyond.
- Have a strong sense of the work ethic, including an appreciation for the dignity of work and its importance in society.
- Have an understanding of multi-cultural, multi-national issues, and the necessity of global perspectives in solving problems facing Appalachia and the world in the twenty-first century.
- Alice Lloyd College Hosts Twenty-Fifth Annual Alumna and Alumnus of the Year Banquet
- Alice Lloyd College Announces iPurpose Initiative
- This Week in Pippa Passes August 28th Edition
- ALC’s Student Government Association Hosts Blood Drive on August 22nd
- The August 28th Edition of The Campus Voice
- This Week in Pippa Passes: August 21st Edition
- ALC Begins Fall 2023 Semester
- The August 21st Edition of The Campus Voice
- 1:00 pm, September 26, 2023 – ALC 100th Year Celebration
- September 29, 2023 – JBS 1st Quarter Ends
- 1:00 pm, October 3, 2023 – Jacqueline Hamilton Presenting Alice Lloyd Stay on Stranger 1876-1962
- October 4, 2023 – Midterm Grades Due
- 6:00 pm, October 5, 2023 – October 6, 2023 – June Buchanan Theatre Presents It Happened on Route 66
- October 7, 2023 – Appalachia Day Homecoming
- October 12, 2023 – October 13, 2023 – Fall Break
- October 16, 2023 – October 20, 2023 – Alcohol Awareness Week
- 1:00 pm, October 17, 2023 – Free Enterprise Day-Holmes Family