Special thank-you to Dick Wilson and Mason Dyer.
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Six Alice Lloyd College students have been awarded Frankfort Semester Internships and are spending their spring semester working and studying in Kentucky’s state capital. Their selection for the 12-week program marks the largest number of students from the same school ever chosen at one time for the competitive internships.
The students are:
• Ashley Daily, a Hiltons, Va. junior majoring in history and sociology, who is interning with the Kentucky Retail Federation.
• Kristyn Densmore, a sophomore from Jeffersonville, KY. and pre-law/history major, is doing her internship with the state House of Representatives Republican Caucus.
• Thomas (Brent) Mills, a junior accounting major from Barbourville, Ky. who is interning with the state Department of Revenue.
• Brett Preston, an Ivel, Ky. junior majoring in social science and interning with the House of Representatives Republican Caucus.
• Brittany Smith, a senior from Belfry, Ky. majoring in accounting and business who is doing her internship in the Department of Revenue.
• Mark (Jarrod) Stamper, a Whitesburg, Ky. junior history major who is interning with the Council on Postsecondary Education.
The internship program, sponsored by the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities (AIKCU), provides on-the-job experience for students interested in public affairs and also gives them an opportunity to consider public service as a career option. In addition to working 30-hours per week, interns complete academic seminars in public administration and Kentucky political and governmental history. Completion of the program qualifies them for up to a full semester of academic credit from their home institutions. They also receive $2,500 stipends to partially cover their living expenses for the semester.
Since the program’s inception in the year 2000, 129 students from Kentucky’s 20 independent colleges and universities have participated in the internship program.
Click here for more information about the AIKCU internship program.