Select Page

The Alice Lloyd College Office of Alumni Relations hosted the fifth annual Alumni Purpose Day on June 9th. For five years, ALC alumni have been showing up on social media and campus to give back to their Alma Mater and the future generation of servant leaders. This year was no different, with the ALC Office of Alumni Relations Facebook page reconnecting alumni through games, giveaways, and memories of campus. The College is grateful for the immense support given on that day by alumni across the nation.

Many alumni wrote or spoke about their reason for giving back to ALC. Pat Riley, a 2021 graduate, shared, “…the memories and friendships I made while in the valley are some of the best of my life. I will forever treasure ALC and the opportunity it gave me and continues to give the children of Appalachia.”

Likewise, Shasta Bates, a 2002 alumna, encouraged her classmates to donate by stating, “I am so blessed that I was able to get a bachelor’s degree with no debt at all and remain close to home. I have a lot of fond memories of Alice Lloyd. It definitely prepared me for life and the workforce.”

ALC alumni are some of the best alumni in the country for Alumni Giving. From their experience along the Purpose Road, they realize the importance of “giving back” so future generations will have the same opportunities they received. Thank you to each alum who participated in Alumni Purpose Day. Your support helped to make the event a huge success!