U.S. News and World Report’s 2022 Edition of Best Colleges ranked Alice Lloyd College among the top colleges in the nation! Nationally, among all colleges and universities, Alice Lloyd College was ranked:
- #1 among all college and universities for Selectivity with an acceptance rate of 7%, and
- #3 for Alumni Giving Rate
The Report also ranked Alice Lloyd College:
- #1 among all Regional Colleges and Universities for Alumni Giving Rate
- #6 on the list of Best Value Schools among Southern Regional Colleges.
- #12 in the South for Social Mobility
- #31 overall among Best Regional Colleges South.
- #1 among all Regional Colleges and Universities for Selectivity with an acceptance rate of 7%.
The College also ranked #8 among southern regional colleges for Undergraduate Teaching. College presidents, provosts, and admissions nominated up to 15 schools within their U.S. News ranking categories for which they believed faculty and administrators were committed to teaching undergraduate students in a high-quality matter. The Best Undergraduate Teaching rankings are determined by the cumulative nominations received by each school. At least seven nominations were needed for a school to be ranked and listed. “This is a very prestigious ranking,” stated Academic Dean Lafie Crum. “We know how committed our faculty and administration are to our students and we’re glad that our peers recognize that commitment as well.”
U.S. News and World Report evaluates institutions based on several standards including academic quality and financial statistics. When asked about ALC’s ranking, President Joe Stepp said, “We are honored to be listed among the top colleges in the nation. Alice Lloyd College is a great institution and is truly a light in the mountains for Appalachian students. For nearly 100 years we have educated some of the brightest and best leaders of our region. The U.S. News and World Report rankings are a testament to the work being done at ALC.”