Select Page

Professor Ralfred Hall’s roots lie in Salyersville, Kentucky. After graduating from Magoffin County High School in 1984, Ralfred followed in the footsteps of his older sister, Carol Hall Scott, and chose to attend Alice Lloyd College. Knowing how much he enjoyed math and auto mechanics classes in high school, Ralfred pursued a bachelor’s degree in Math/Physical Science Secondary Education.

After graduating from Alice Lloyd College in 1988, Ralfred earned an MS in Vocational Education Supervision and Administration from Morehead State University. He later began his career as a Professor of Mathematics and Physics at Ashland Community & Technical College. Ralfred recently celebrated 30 years of service in the Kentucky Community College System.

In addition to his love of teaching, Ralfred is a longtime car enthusiast. He enjoys attending car shows and plans to display his prized Mustang Bullitt this year. Ralfred is also a golfer and motorcyclist. 

Ralfred and his wife, Christy, have called Ashland their home for many years. This year, they have found themselves “empty nesters”, as their son, Sawyer, graduated from high school in May and has begun a six-year contract with the U.S. Navy.

Ralfred believes he owes everything to Alice Lloyd College regarding his life and career, saying, “I would have never made it into my chosen profession without ALC. I could not afford college, so I would most likely have been doing carpentry work for my father.”

As a student, Ralfred performed his work study assignment in the chemistry department. It was in this position, that he learned how to properly set up lab experiments. Ralfred credits the experience he received in the Student Work Program as a primary factor for success in his life. “My personality is all mine, not to be duplicated,” he says, “but my professionalism is owed to ALC where I learned how to act and dress in a professional atmosphere.”

Ralfred is a proud alumnus of Alice Lloyd College. He is committed to remaining connected to the school and he and his wife, Christy, make every effort to return to campus for alumni events such as Appalachia Day Homecoming. It is sometimes difficult to appreciate what is right in front of you, and Ralfred recognizes that his appreciation for all he received at ALC has increased through the years.

Professor Ralfred Hall has this advice for ALC students, “Study hard and study often. The rest of your life depends on your short time spent at ALC.”