U.S. News and World Report’s 2019 Edition of Best Colleges ranked Alice Lloyd College among the top colleges in the nation! Nationally, among all colleges and universities, Alice Lloyd College was ranked:
- #5 among all college and universities for graduating students with the least amount of debt and
- #10 for alumni giving rate (48% for the fiscal year 2017-2018).
The Report also ranked Alice Lloyd College:
- #1 among all Regional Colleges and Universities for alumni giving rate (48% for the fiscal year 2017-2018),
- #2 on the list of Best Value Schools among Southern Regional Colleges,
- #3 among all Regional Colleges and Universities for graduating students with the least amount of debt, and
- #16 overall among Best Regional Colleges South.
U.S. News and World Report evaluates institutions based on several standards including academic quality and financial statistics. When asked about ALC’s ranking, President Joe Stepp said, “For over 100 years, we have continued the mission of Alice Lloyd by educating the brightest and best of Appalachia. To be recognized among the top colleges in the nation is humbling. The U.S. News and World Report rankings are a testament to the work being done at ALC, and we are looking forward to the new opportunities we will be able to provide for those in the region.”
Over one hundred years ago, Mrs. Lloyd made it her mission to educate the children of Appalachia by offering a high-quality, affordable, character-based education so students could earn a degree regardless of financial ability. Her legacy continues with the devoted faculty, staff, and wonderful friends who have made these achievements possible. Alice Lloyd College is humbled to receive national recognition for the vision that Mrs. Lloyd began so long ago.