Commencement exercises for Alice Lloyd College will be held at 12:15 PM in the Grady Nutt Athletic Center gymnasium on Saturday, May 3rd.
Baccalaureate services will be held at 10:30 AM. Graduating students are required to wear professional dress to this event.
Reverend Glenn Noe will deliver the baccalaureate address to the Alice Lloyd College graduating class of 2014.
A native of Kentucky, Reverend Noe graduated from Dilce Combs High School in Jeff, Kentucky, and then continued his education at Cumberland College in Williamsburg, Kentucky. His calling to serve God and his fellow man led him to pursue a master’s degree from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.
Reverend Noe is married to Sheila Everage Noe, a retired administrator at the Hazard Nursing Home. Together, the Noes have served the mountain people for over 30 years. During the course of his career, Reverend Noe has served several pastorates within eastern Kentucky and has helped establish three new churches at Maytown, Colson, and Myra. He and his wife currently reside in Red Fox, Kentucky, and have two daughters, two sons-in-law, and six grandchildren.
Dr. Anthony Yonts will deliver the commencement address to the Alice Lloyd College 2014 graduating class.
Dr. Yonts was born in the small town of Bevinsville, in Floyd County, Kentucky, to Thomas and Yvonne Yonts, who still reside there. He is an alumnus of The June Buchanan School, Alice Lloyd College, and the Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine (now KYCOM). He received his DO degree from Pikeville in 2003. He then attended a dual residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, in Lexington, and finished in 2007. Dr. Yonts is currently dual board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. After residency, he returned to the region and co-founded Quantum Health Care, in Hazard, Kentucky, and has been there since. Dr. Yonts says he loves what he does and feels blessed to get to practice and care for the people of this area.
Dr. Yonts and his wife, Kristy (a Letcher County native), are the proud parents of two wonderful children, Braden, who is 7 years old, and Ava, who is 5 years old. Both children attend The June Buchanan School. Dr. Yonts and his family reside in Hazard, Kentucky.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Baccalaureate services will be held in the GNAC gym at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 3. Gather in the Auxiliary Gym at 10:00 a.m. to prepare for the processional.
- Commencement exercises will be held at 12:15 p.m. in the GNAC gym on Saturday, May 3. Please gather in the Auxiliary Gym at 11:45 a.m. to prepare for the processional.
- NOTE: Professional dress for Baccalaureate and Academic Regalia for Commencement.
- Graduates are required to attend both Baccalaureate and Commencement exercises as well as the rehearsal for these exercises, unless they have been exempted.
- The rehearsal for graduation is scheduled in the GNAC gym at 3:00 p.m. Friday, May 2. We plan to take the group picture at this rehearsal so do not forget to bring your cap and gown!
- You may pick up your cap and gown from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the Bookstore. Contact Leisha Amburgey if you are unable to pick up your cap and gown during these hours. The Bookstore will be open from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 3. If you would like these items mailed, please contact Leisha at 368-6022 or 6135. On the day of graduation, the Bookstore will be giving a 10% discount to all graduating seniors and their parents (excludes textbooks and food items).
- Anyone owing money to the College must rectify the situation in order to be cleared for graduation exercises.
- Male graduates will need to remove their caps prior to the invocation and keep them off until just before the conferring of degrees.
During the break between the baccalaureate and commencement services, a reception will be held on the porch of the Grady Nutt Athletic Center. Everyone is invited to help themselves to refreshments.
If you have any questions concerning any of these activities, feel free to call the Registrar’s Office at 368-6040 or 6041.
The faculty and staff of Alice Lloyd College congratulate the Class of 2014! Please join us in wishing them all the best for the future.