Select Page

Alice Lloyd College is pleased to announce that it has been named the top college in the nation, among all colleges and universities, for graduating students with the least amount of average debt by U.S. News and World Report in their annual America’s Best College guide.  Of last year’s graduates, 68% owed nothing upon the completion of their degrees.  The remaining 32% who did owe money had an average debt of $3,108.

In this year’s rankings, ALC was re-categorized as a National Liberal Arts College.  While this category is much larger than the one ALC was previously grouped with, the rankings still reflect ALC’s overall excellence.  In addition to ranking #1 in the area of least debt, ALC also earned the overall #2 spot for student selectivity.  With only 7% of applicants being accepted, ALC ranked alongside prestigious institutions such as Harvard University and Stanford University for student selectivity.

Alumni giving also continues to be a strong category for Alice Lloyd College. This year ALC has been named among the top 35 colleges and universities for alumni support.  At the end of this fiscal year, ALC celebrated the highest alumni giving percentage in the College’s history.  A record 41% of alumni supported their alma mater.  With this kind of support, ALC will surely continue to rank high in this area for years to come.

Alice Lloyd College President, Joe Stepp, was elated to learn of ALC’s rankings.  “I think these rankings are a testament to ALC’s commitment to students.  Not only do we guarantee the cost of tuition, but we also provide scholarships to our graduates who have a desire to pursue advanced degrees.  This overall commitment to our graduates is one of the main reasons many of them continue to support the institution, resulting in our high rankings in the area of alumni giving.  I am truly blessed to be a small part of this institution,” Stepp stated.

Alice Lloyd College continues to educate mountain students for positions of leadership and service in Appalachia. ALC offers a quality education with tuition guaranteed to qualifying students in its 108 county service area.