The June Buchanan School welcomes motivated students in grades K-12 who are interested in excelling academically. Since JBS offers a college preparatory curriculum, JBS serves primarily those students who plan to further their education in a college or university.
JBS strives to accept students who meet the following criteria:
- Has a desire for a college preparatory education,
- Is interested in a learning environment that fosters Christian principles and high standards of behavior and conduct,
- Shows evidence of ability to excel in a college preparatory curriculum,
- Has no history of chronic disciplinary problems,
- Has not been suspended nor expelled from another school(s) for drug, alcohol, tobacco use, or any other infraction of school rules,
- Does not have a criminal record,
- Has at least a 2.5 GPA in previous school enrollment.
Take 5 Steps toward Admissions!
Submit Application Form
Submit Official Transcripts
Submit Application Fee*
Student-Parent Interview with JBS Dean
Complete Student-Parent-Dean Contract
*The Application Fee is a non-refundable $10.00 fee
A parent or guardian who enrolls a child in The June Buchanan School acknowledges, in the form of a contract, that the student will be accountable for all JBS policies and rules, written and/or verbal. The parent or guardian also acknowledges that enrollment is for a full academic year (or a pro-rated portion remaining for students who enroll after the start of the semester).
Should a student withdraw or be dismissed from The June Buchanan School, tuition, textbook fees, matriculation fees, and any other fees charged are non-refundable. Tuition for the time the student was in attendance, book/matriculation fees and other fees for the year are due, even if the student leaves The June Buchanan School.
*Please note that the Dean of the school has the final decision concerning the enrollment of a student.
Please contact the office at (606) 368-6108 in order to schedule a visit.
While visiting, a tour will be given of all the facilities and classrooms. If requested, students may spend a day in the classroom to experience what a day in the life of a June Buchanan Student is all about!