Alice Lloyd College is pleased to introduce a state-of-the-art early warning system capable of sending notifications of impending emergencies/crisis situations to all registered mobile devices (via SMS/text messaging), PDAs, e-mail addresses, text pagers, and RSS feeds. The system can also send real-time messages to anyone using Google, My AOL, My Yahoo, or Windows Live. Also, you will have the option of adding additional numbers to receive voice messages for those who may not have texting or wish to have the message delivered to a home or office phone.
What is the e2Campus Notification System, and how is it beneficial to you?
e2Campus was conceived in late 2003. Over 750 schools are now using e2Campus in a mission to make their campuses safer through instant mass communications.
So, now it’s up to you! Check the groups you wish to be a part of. Sign up for everything from emergency notifications to campus events. The choice is yours!
Signing up for this service is quick and easy.
- Go to http://www.alc.edu/student-life/e2-campus-notification/ and use the form (linked-to on that page) to sign up.
- Enter your personal information.
- You will receive a text message on your chosen cellular device with a 4-digit validation code.
- Enter the code when requested.
- Log-in to add your e-mail address and another number (if desired).
- Write down username and password.
- You can also sign up to receive updates via e-mail only. Just click on “E-mail Alert Sign-Up.”
- The service expiration option is a date you choose. Please us the login information to maintain the expiration date.
Please note: Depending on the type of service you have with your cellular provider, you may incur a service charge for text messages. Alice Lloyd College will not be responsible for any charges incurred.
Alice Lloyd College reserves the right to test the system occasionally.
Stay more connected on campus and have a greater sense of security by singing up for e2Campus today!
Info about e2Campus was taken from their website.