Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We award the Male Student-Athlete of the Week honor to Corbin, Kentucky, junior hoopster Chandler Stewart. In his club's only contest this week, the guard scored 16 points and dished out 7 assists to help lead the Eagles to a 71-61 victory at Brescia to close out the...
We award the Female Student-Athlete of the Week honor to Grayson, Kentucky, sharpshooter Haley Hall. In her club's only contest this week, the senior guard scored a game-high 22 points to help lead the Lady Eagles to a 70-54 victory at Brescia to close out the regular...