Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We award the Women’s Student-Athlete of the Week honor to Grayson (KY) junior Haley Hall for her solid play in three games and two River State Conference contests last week.read more
We award the Men’s Student Athlete of the Week honor to Manchester (KY) senior Blake Smith for his impressive play in two River State Conference basketball away contests last week.read more