Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We award the ALC Women’s Student-Athlete of the Week (for the week of April 18-24) to Softball pitcher Maleigh McDaniel. McDaniel appeared in four contests, two as a starter and two in relief, against the University of Pikeville and Miami Middletown (OH). Over 14...
We award the ALC Men’s Student-Athlete of the Week (for the week of April 11-17) to Baseball outfielder Nick Van Keuren. In five contests last week, VanKeuren went 5-15 from the plate (.333) and added 2 runs, 1 RBI, and 1 steal.