Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We award the men's Student-Athlete of the Week honor to the entire ALC baseball team. The squad participated in the Mideast Regional Tournament at Pippa Passes, KY, and made the most of their opportunity, finishing as regional champions. By virtue of their victory,...
We award the Women's Student-Athlete of the Week honor to the entire ALC softball team. The squad participated in the Mideast Regional Tournament at Oakland City, Indiana, and finished as runner-up. However, by virtue of their school-record 25-win season, they...