On Monday, June 24th, six students and one adviser traveled to San Antonio, Texas to attend the Phi Beta Lambda National Leadership Conference. The students represented Alice Lloyd College well by working hard, overcoming challenges, and advancing to finals in several categories. The Chapter’s Community Service Project presented by Shantil Marcum, Brooklyn Reid, and Pat Riley made it to the finals where they finished in the top 14. Joshua Baker and Lindsay Blanken both made it to the finals in Public Speaking and finished in the top 15 in the nation. Lindsay Blanken also finished 10th in Business Communications. Kaela Shaw competed in Marketing Concepts as well as Sports Marketing and Management. The students performed well under some difficult circumstances considering the group experienced two flight delays resulting in a 14-hour layover at the Atlanta airport! Members also had the opportunity to do some site seeing including visiting the Alamo and taking a cruise along the River Walk. The members and advisers would like to thank the Administration for their continued support of Phi Beta Lambda.
- Men’s Student-Athlete of the Week: Bryce Slone
- Women’s Student-Athlete of the Week: Shelby Davis
- Alice Lloyd Lady Eagles Use Stifling Defense to Defeat Brescia University
- Balanced attack propels Alice Lloyd Eagles to road victory at Brescia University
- Alice Lloyd Lady Eagles Face Indiana University Southeast