Select Page

Despite running on a mountainous course that was rain soaked, Greg Randolph finished first in the University of Pikeville Invitational Cross Country meet held on October 1st at Bob Amos Park in Pikeville. With the win, Randolph became the first male in school history to win a collegiate meet. Randolph’s time of 18:04 beat his closest competitor by 55 seconds. Randolph is a freshman from London, KY.

Greg Randolph

Randolph collects his 1st Place medal.

About his history-making victory, Randolph said, “It’s a dream come true for me to come here as a freshman and win 1st Place in a college race. Just wearing Alice Lloyd College on my jersey is a major achievement for me as a runner. I’m both glad and proud that I could represent the College so well, and I’m honored to be the first Eagles runner to ever win a big meet like this for ALC.”

Special mention this week goes out to Jimmy Noble who finished third in the University of Pikeville Invitational Cross Country meet. Noble earned a bronze medal for his performance, as he completed the challenging course in a time of 19:27. Noble is a sophomore from Buckhorn, KY. Concerning his excellent finish, Noble said, “It felt good to win the Third Place medal. This makes the first time that I’ve won a college medal. I hope to win many more.”

Jimmy Noble

Noble claims his 3rd Place medal.

Check back soon for a Student-Athlete Spotlight featuring Jimmy!