Gifts and support from foundations and corporations have led to many positive changes and improvements on the campus of Alice Lloyd College.
Foundations provide an average of 53% of the College’s annual income, with corporations contributing roughly 2%. Through the financial assistance these entities provide, the College has been able to construct, renovate and make annual improvements on its facilities throughout campus to bring them up to a 20-year standard. We are grateful for the confidence our supporters have demonstrated through their giving.
Since the College neither receives nor solicits direct financial support from the local, state or federal governments, and guarantees no out-of-pocket costs for tuition to students from 108 Appalachian counties, the College relies heavily on private gift income.
Gifts from foundations and corporations support ALC in many significant ways. Some of these include:
- helping the College fund scholarships, endowed scholarships, the Student Work Program, capital projects, technological improvements, the Christmas Pretties project, library needs, etc.;
- increasing the College’s endowment;
- making it possible for ALC to cover the cost of tuition for many Appalachian students who have limited financial resources so that they are able to receive a high-quality education at little to no cost to them;
- enabling us to educate students from low-income families for positions of leadership and service to Appalachia;
- generating support from other foundations and corporations by showing that they feel the mission of Alice Lloyd College is a worthy cause
Our President and Vice President will be pleased to discuss our needs in conjunction with your organization’s philanthropic interests. We have guest facilities on campus and invite you to visit us, meet some of our students, and see firsthand the work that is being performed here. Also, the President and Vice President and our field representatives make calls on our donors throughout the United States and would be more than happy to stop by and visit with you whenever they are in your area.
For more information, please contact:
Priscilla Fraley, Director of Foundation & Corporate Giving
Phone: (606) 368-6045