Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We award the Eagles Male Student-Athlete of the Week honor to freshman Dalton Cornett. Cornett, a native of Pippa Passes, Kentucky, performed solidly in the Eagles contests with Asbury University (Ky.) and at the University of Cincinnati-Clermont (Oh.) In the four...read more
We award the Eagles Female Student-Athlete of the Week honor to sophomore shortstop Alexis Napier. Napier, a native of Manchester, Kentucky, was solid for the Lady Eagles during this week’s games against Bluefield College (Va.) and Bluefield State (WV). In the...read more