Champions of Character
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’ Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Alice Lloyd College Athletics has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
• Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program,
• Professional development for coaches and athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course,
• Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition,
• Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement, and
• Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program’s implementation by both Alice Lloyd College Athletics and the NAIA.
Athletes of the Week
We split the Men’s Student-Athlete of the Week honor between Manchester (KY) junior Blake Smith and fellow seniors, Ryan House (Manchester, KY) and Simon Christon ( Red Fox, KY), for their play in the victory over Kentucky Christian University.read more
We split the Women’s Student-Athlete of the Week honor between Grayson (KY) sophomore Haley Hall and fellow seniors, Courtney Vasquez (Johnson City, TN) and Emilee Harrell (Madisonville, TN) for their solid play during three victories.read more