Q & A with Kelsey
- Why did you choose to attend Alice Lloyd College?
I’ve known many people who have attended college at ALC. After they told me about all of the wonderful things about this school, I knew I had to check it out for myself. I did some more research into the College and found out that I could work to pay for tuition while receiving a quality education. Working while going to college will no doubt help me better prepare myself for my future. I couldn’t let that chance slip out of my hands!
- What influenced you to transfer to Alice Lloyd? What made ALC different?
ALC is a small, private college that sets high standards for its students. That was extremely attractive to me, and it’s what set it apart from the other schools that I had originally attended. Because of this, I knew that ALC would be a good fit for me.
- What’s your major?
I plan on majoring in Social Science.
- Are you planning on participating in any extracurricular activities?
I definitely want to be a highly active participant in campus life and activities at Alice Lloyd. I’m very interested in becoming involved in Baptist Collegiate Ministries, the drama program, and possible the Voices of Appalachia.
- What was the one thing you had to bring with you to college?
My Bible. It’s one of my most precious possessions. I want to continue to grow and strengthen my relationship with God as I start this new journey at ALC.
- What do you hope to get out of your college experience?
I want to become a better student and ready myself for the workforce. I want my experiences to teach me to be a better person so I can do well in my career. I’m looking forward to making new connections and lifelong friends while at ALC.
- After you graduate from ALC, what are your future goals?
I want to further my education by getting a master’s degree in psychology. I hope to have a career as a teen counselor.
- What are you most excited about as you begin the next chapter of your life at ALC?
Getting to spend time with an incredible group of people while receiving an excellent education. I cannot wait to start classes with my peers and make some amazing friends along the way!