Select Page

by Gary Stepp

Head Coach Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson has been named the new head coach for softball and women’s volleyball at Alice Lloyd College. In addition to his coaching duties, Wilson will also be joining the College’s Office of Admissions, where he will serve the region as an Admissions Counselor. Wilson has worked for several years with highly-respected coach John Mills, so he is no stranger to the program.

Dan is a quality fit in our Office of Admissions and Department of Athletics,” states Gary D. Stepp, Alice Lloyd’s Director of Athletics. “He understands the opportunity our college provides student-athletes, and has worked closely in Athletics with the school for the past several years. He is a hard worker and has a strong desire to see our programs continue to grow.”

When asked what attracted him to the position, Wilson commented, “It is a chance to come back to an area I consider home. I know from personal experience what opportunities this school brings to student-athletes in our area, and I want a chance to share this experience with my teams.”

As far as his expectations, Wilson continued, “My expectations are to have teams who will work hard in practice and come together as one. I desire a never-give-up attitude. Most important to me, however, is that l plan to continue to surround these programs with high-character student-athletes.”

Wilson, a native of Sparta, Ky., is a 2005 grad of Owen County High School. He is married to Emily Amon, a native of Ohio and a 2013 graduate of Alice Lloyd.